Christmas is around the corner and it seems that the ‘to do’ lists just keep getting longer. Usually included on that list is getting out Christmas cards before the big fella in the red suit pays us a visit. Whilst there’s plenty of gorgeous commercial Christmas cards out there, there’s nothing quite as rewarding making your own DIY Christmas cards. So if you feel the need for a little inspiration for your next DIY Christmas card project, then read on…
1. This personalised Christmas card only takes you a few minutes to prepare and the result is lovely. Print a gorgeous Christmassy photo on your Pringo then paste it on coloured card. Write or print your message in serif fonts and tie a bow to add a final festive touch.
2. This is a super-cute idea if you have children. Not only will they have a blast making the cards, but the end product is so, so sweet. All you need is thumbs (or any other preferred digit ), non-toxic paint, coloured card stock and some felt pens.
3. This Christmas card takes DIY to a whole new level and really is a gift all on it’s own. Head to darlenedesign to see the full tutorial.
4. This is an intricate but beautiful handmade Christmas card from Handspire. Some candy cane and a couple of other embellishments, two contrasting colored card stock and a button will make this beautifully designed card any scrapbooker would be proud to present. Slip a printed family photograph in the centre to really personalise it.
5. An old school card design that never gets boring. Print four photos and place them in a collage form on a card. Add a Christmas message and voila!
6. This Christmas card idea is such a simple one but what an awesome outcome. You’ll need a ladder or something high to be able to take this photo from this perspective. Add Christmas wishes to your photo via the Pringo app and print your photo Christmas card on your Pringo mini photo printer.
7. A nice idea to share a snapshot of where your family is at that point in time. Either paste individual printed photos on coloured cardstock or print collage photos on your Pringo iPhone printer.
8. Such a gorgeous handmade card without too much effort. This DIY snowman card only needs a couple of different sized white buttons, red ribbon, black card for the top hat, snowflake embellishments and natural coloured/recycled card stock and felt pen. So simple!! Love it.
Whilst Christmas is a time of giving, those gifts don’t necessarily have to be physical, bulky presents. Nothing says Merry Christmas more clearly than a beautifully handmade Christmas card.
Do you make handmade Christmas cards?
There’s still time to grab your Pringo smartphone photo printer before Christmas.